Pū Peʻe Pao
ALL ACTIVE WEAR ARE MADE TO ORDER AS THEY ARE ALL HAND MADE. ALL ACTIVE WEAR ORDERS HAVE A 2-3 WEEK PROCESSING TIME + SHIPPING!
No Waikapū, we dedicate Pū Peʻe Pao, the cave hidden pū. Wahipana to Kapalalauʻs Hoʻomalu Harders (Ka ʻOhana Rogers/Cockett), we honor the water of the conch shell and its renown story throughout all of Hawaiʻi. Taken from Kaualililehuaʻs write up back in 1872 in Ka Nupepa Kuokoa, there was a magical conch shell hidden way up in the valley of Waikapū. This conch could be heard throughout the islands and hence, the area became known as Waikapū - waters of the conch. Puapualenalena a mischievious and supernatural dog made an oath to find this conch shell. After several failed attempts, he finally was able to snatch the pū and disappeared. The pū was never heard again.
Designed by: Kahaʻiola + Hoʻomalu Harders
ACTIVE WEAR (XS-XL)
- Made from ultra-stretch PolySpandex blend fabric that won’t lose shape even after multiple wearings.
- Perfect for both on land or in water use (Yoga, Gym, SUP, Kayak, Surfing, Paddling, etc...).
- Vivid print that won’t fade after washing.
- Easy care: machine wash cold. Tumble dry on regular or hang to dry
- Comfy Cover-stitched waist band and hems
- Printed and sewn by hand sewn with ECO polyester that is manufactured in Canada and contains 88% polyester 12% spandex
- ARTWORK is original design and © Kapalalau
- Yoga Band: Comfy Wide waistband sits high
- Regular Band: Regular waistband sits high
- Capri: Regular waistband sits at waist
SIZE CHART: CLICK ON LINK