ALL ACTIVE WEAR ARE MADE TO ORDER AS THEY ARE ALL HAND MADE. ALL ACTIVE WEAR ORDERS HAVE A 2-3 WEEK PROCESSING TIME + SHIPPING!
As part of our kumuwaiwai collection our niho ʻoki design honors the shark tooth nife. A simple tool we learned how to use from our Tūtū Piʻimauna, for the purpose of cleaning out the wauke fibers from the mole hāluʻa of our beaters. With each round of tapa beating, the niho manō served as our hoapili (close companion), ensuring that each hāluʻa would be clear for a clean beating. Though the niho ʻoki was used also for carving and cutting, we honor the niho ʻoki as a memorable tool we spent learning the art of tapa with from our tūtū wahine.
Designed by: Kahaʻiola Harders
ACTIVE WEAR (XS-XL)
- Made from ultra-stretch PolySpandex blend fabric that won’t lose shape even after multiple wearings.
- Perfect for both on land or in water use (Yoga, Gym, SUP, Kayak, Surfing, Paddling, etc...).
- Vivid print that won’t fade after washing.
- Easy care: machine wash cold. Tumble dry on regular or hang to dry
- Comfy Cover-stitched waist band and hems
- Printed and sewn by hand sewn with ECO polyester that is manufactured in Canada and contains 88% polyester 12% spandex
- ARTWORK is original design and © Kapalalau
- Yoga Band: Comfy Wide waistband sits high
- Regular Band: Regular waistband sits high
- Capri: Regular waistband sits at waist